Click on picture to read Chaco's poems

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My ZPack comes in and Apartment gets packed up


Well my custom ZPack finally arrived and I had a Cuben hip belt and pockets added and a top strap to close the pack or carry more gear on top of pack. Once I get past the baby blue color (there is no color choice with cuben fiber) I think I will like it. Toesocks and I went on another shakedown hike Saturday at the Cedar Ridge Preserve and found we are in no shape for hills as there are no hills around Dallas to practice on. When we got off the trail they were having a picnic for all the volunteers at the CRP and we were treated to cake and had our pictures taken. We have done several volunteer weekends there and it was nice "trail magic" to have some treats after our practice hike!

We also started packing up our apartment and putting some stuff in storage for when we are gone. We finally sold our 2 kayaks to people in Oklahoma of all places! The person who bought my kayak was adventurer, former Army Special Forces Green Beret and writer Charles Sasser. He has written many military history and bio books and is a really neat guy who has done many unique adventures including flying an ultralight parachute plane across the country! He has never kayaked and is going to paddle Alaska's Inside Passage in it. He promises to send me some pictures of "Ah-Notta-Hey", (my old kayak) in Alaska! Thats about it for now...all that's left is to hit the road to the Appalachian Trail!!

No comments:

Post a Comment