Click on picture to read Chaco's poems

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Blood counts up, all cultures negative, fever gone, appetitte restored!!

Today Sheila is feeling much better and has gone without a fever for 24 hours. Her white count is rising and is now 400 or .04 depending on how they phrase it.  I know Dr. DiStephano told me it was 600 yesterday but when the nurse told me that today it is 400, I had her pull up the last few days and it has gone from 0 to 100 to 300 and then today its 400. So it is still slowly going steadily up. Once it gets going it will start doubling each day until it reaches a "normal" range of 5000 to 10,000. All the bacterial cultures came back negative including the cut off tip of the old PICC LINE. Then we have to look forward to another round of chemo. So just what kind of infection she has/had is still up in the air. The bottom line is it looked liked Sheila has kicked this thing and is on the mend. Hopefully we will get out of here in a few days ( I know they need the rooms) and join me at our new We Care House. Hopefully Mr. Scabby Head will not stop by with a midnight casserole though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment