Click on picture to read Chaco's poems

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Made it to Texas, but not "home" yet...

-

"Thanks to the interstate highway system, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."   -Charles Kuralt


We (Sheila) drove from New Orleans to Shreveport but went and got a motel room due to my back killing me. Sheila had to do all the driving, I don't know what I did to my back but certain movements causes sharp shooting pain across my lower back. A long very hot shower has helped but the pain is still there. I am hoping a good nights rest will fix me right up. Tomorrow we will make it "home" to the WE CARE house and on the 12th see Sheila's doctor...after that, depending on the results of her blood work.....we may see about driving the Miata up to Rhode Island to sister Imp. We will have to wait and see how it goes.

Cover picture is of the Chickees on the Seminole Indian Reservation in the Everglades.

No comments:

Post a Comment