Click on picture to read Chaco's poems

Sunday, January 10, 2010

TEXAS Today!

-

“Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things – air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky – all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.” – Cesare Pavese



Right now we are in McDonald's having breakfast and warming up from last nights 20 degree weather. The tent stayed a toasty 30 degrees all night and the water for our tea was frozen solid when we started the camp stove inside the tent this morning. It was a clear cold night though and there were a million stars in the sky and a beautiful sunset last night  across Lake Pontchartrain. Today we will be in Texas again and we don't know yet if we will tent out or motel it. When breaking down camp today I had awful back spasms and the shooting pain brought me to my knees at one point. I guess I am getting too soft and old to sleep on frozen ground! I am already starting to feel better though and I hope we can camp out one more night before going back to the WE CARE house for Sheila's doctor appointment on the 12th. Only an 8 hour drive to Dallas now.....driving on!

No comments:

Post a Comment